‘I really wanted to leave & join PSG’, says ex-Chelsea star as opens up on life at the Blues under Frank Lampard | 264PK0P | 2024-02-26 09:08:01

New Photo - 'I really wanted to leave & join PSG', says ex-Chelsea star as opens up on life at the Blues under Frank Lampard | 264PK0P | 2024-02-26 09:08:01
'I really wanted to leave & join PSG', says ex-Chelsea star as opens up on life at the Blues under Frank Lampard | 264PK0P | 2024-02-26 09:08:01

The German defender performed for the Blues between 2017 and 2022, making 203 appearances for the club.


FORMER Chelsea defender Antonio Rudiger has opened up about his struggles beneath Frank Lampard at Chelsea.

The German defender performed for the Blues between 2017 and 2022, making 203 appearances for the club.

'I really wanted to leave & join PSG', says ex-Chelsea star as opens up on life at the Blues under Frank Lampard
'I really wanted to leave & join PSG', says ex-Chelsea star as opens up on life at the Blues under Frank Lampard
Alamy
Rudiger has revealed he didn't like enjoying underneath Frank Lampard[/caption]
'I really wanted to leave & join PSG', says ex-Chelsea star as opens up on life at the Blues under Frank Lampard
'I really wanted to leave & join PSG', says ex-Chelsea star as opens up on life at the Blues under Frank Lampard
PA
Rudiger needed to maneuver to Paris to get away from Lampard[/caption]

He then left the aspect to hitch Real Madrid on a free transfer in the summer of 2022.

Despite being seen as Chelsea's greatest centre-back by the time he left, Rudiger misplaced his spot in the Chelsea aspect underneath Frank Lampard, who has managed the club for two separate spells now.

Lampard's first stint in cost coincided with Rudiger's time on the club and through that time, the German worldwide found himself behind Kurt Zouma and Andreas Christensen within the pecking order.

Speaking on the matter, Rudiger stated: "To be trustworthy, I still can't say precisely what occurred back then. That's part of football.&

"Perhaps he [Lampard] had different concepts or noticed different gamers higher. But the advantage of soccer is that the answer is on the pitch and I feel I gave the right one.&

"Nothing like that has ever occurred in my profession. I even played beneath Lampard once more at the end of his tenure. Let me put it this manner: if it doesn't match sooner or later, then it doesn't fit anymore. But no footballer in this world loses on objective.&

"I actually needed to go away. I needed to go away. I needed to hitch& Paris Saint-Germain, that was my want."

The defender was desperate to play for Thomas Tuchel in Paris, who he describes as an "trustworthy manager".

'I really wanted to leave & join PSG', says ex-Chelsea star as opens up on life at the Blues under Frank Lampard
'I really wanted to leave & join PSG', says ex-Chelsea star as opens up on life at the Blues under Frank Lampard
Reuters
He was filled with praise for the struggling Thomas Tuchel, nevertheless[/caption]

As fate would have it, Tuchel can be the man that changed Lampard in West London in January 2021.

His reign at the Blues was a exceptional success, with the German supervisor guiding Chelsea to a Champions League triumph that season.

                    <!-- End of Brightcove Player -->  

He also led Chelsea to a Club World Cup the next season, Rudiger's remaining one on the membership.

But the German tactician is having a less profitable time of it at Bayern Munich since taking up this time final yr.

He was dismissed from his role last week following a run of three straight defeats, though he will proceed to manage the aspect till the top of the season.

The supervisor will little question be pleased about Rudiger's reward throughout a season that has been filled with dangerous PR.

#really #wanted #leave #join #psg #says #exchelsea #star #blues #under #frank #lampard #US #UK #NZ #PH #NY #LNDN #Manila #Sport

More >> https://ift.tt/bRChzsX Source: MAG NEWS

 

MARIO MAG © 2015 | Distributed By My Blogger Themes | Designed By Templateism.com