Miss Universe Owner Admits He's 'Fed Up,' Looking to Sell Pageant Organization amid Ongoing Controversies Zoey LyttleNovember 26, 2025 at 12:41 AM 3 Joy Malone/Getty Raul Rocha. Miss Universe Organization president and owner Raul Rocha has spoken out about his intentions for the pageant's future amid ongoing controversy The Mexican businessman acquired the international beauty pageant in January 2024 This year's Miss Universe competition made global headlines for weeks leading up to the actual event, which was held in Bangkok, Thailand, on Nov.
- - Miss Universe Owner Admits He's 'Fed Up,' Looking to Sell Pageant Organization amid Ongoing Controversies
Zoey LyttleNovember 26, 2025 at 12:41 AM
3
Joy Malone/Getty
Raul Rocha. -
Miss Universe Organization president and owner Raul Rocha has spoken out about his intentions for the pageant's future amid ongoing controversy
The Mexican businessman acquired the international beauty pageant in January 2024
This year's Miss Universe competition made global headlines for weeks leading up to the actual event, which was held in Bangkok, Thailand, on Nov. 21
Miss Universe Organization president Raul Rocha has stated that he's looking to sell his stake after weeks of controversy surrounding the international pageant.
On Monday, Nov. 24, Rocha spoke to Mexican journalist Adela Micha about the competition, which was held in Bangkok on Nov. 21, and his response to several recent allegations of misconduct aimed at the organization. At one point during the interview, which was conducted in Spanish, Rocha clarified his role as the president and 50 percent shareholder of Miss Universe.
He then noted that he is "looking for someone to pass it on to," adding, as translated into English, "This is like a test, like a relay race. Who do I pass the baton to?"
Jaime Nogales/Medios y Media/Getty
Raul Rocha.
When Micha asked why he changed his mind since acquiring the pageant in January 2024, Rocha proclaimed, "It's just that I'm so fed up. I'm so fed up with all the talk. I don't lend myself to that kind of thing."
He continued to lament the fact that while he's "the owner, the proprietor, the president" of the organization, "everyone wants to have an opinion" about the business.
"They want to come and tell you what decisions you make, how you make them, why you hire people, why you take away people and why you add people," said Rocha.
Rocha did not respond to PEOPLE's request for comment.
He continued to refer to Omar Harfouch, the musician who publicly resigned from his position on the selection committee on Nov. 18, just days before the competition. Harfouch previously alleged that the Miss Universe Organization had formed an "impromptu jury" to choose 30 finalists before participants from 136 countries even took the stage for the preliminary round.
The pageant refuted Harfouch's claims in a statement posted shortly after his announcement. That same day, pro soccer player Claude Makélélé announced he was also withdrawing from his position as a judge, citing personal reasons. The president of the selection committee, Princess Camilla di Borbone delle Due Sicilie, later resigned as well.
Mohan Raj/Getty
The top 12 contestants at Miss Universe 2025 on Nov. 21, 2025 in Bangkok, Thailand.
Weeks earlier, on Nov. 4, the Miss Universe organization made global headlines when a livestream showed a heated confrontation between pageant executive Nawat Itsaragrisil and Fátima Bosch, who represented Mexico and was ultimately crowned the pageant's winner. Rocha promptly announced multiple sanctions against Itsaragrisil, including his restriction from the pageant.
After Harfouch's bombshell resignation, a Miss Universe contestant — who asked to remain anonymous — told PEOPLE that rumors of the covert top 30 selection were "heartbreaking" to learn.
— sign up for PEOPLE's free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.
"So many contestants have sacrificed their personal lives, left their jobs, and spent a year preparing for this moment. Some of us have fallen ill, been hospitalized, or pushed through exhaustion while receiving only three to four hours of sleep each night," said the former Miss Universe contender ahead of the competition.
"We did this because we believed in the integrity of this organization and the mission they told us they stood for," she continued, adding her gratitude for Harfouch's willingness to speak out.
on People
Source: "AOL Entertainment"
Source: Entertainment
Published: November 25, 2025 at 09:36PM on Source: MARIO MAG
#ShowBiz#Sports#Celebrities#Lifestyle