Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Not Invited to King Charles’ Birthday Parade amid Harry’s Claim Dad ‘Won’t Speak’ to Him

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Not Invited to King Charles' Birthday Parade amid Harry's Claim Dad 'Won't Speak' to HimNew Foto - Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Not Invited to King Charles' Birthday Parade amid Harry's Claim Dad 'Won't Speak' to Him

Karwai Tang/WireImage Meghan Markle and Prince Harry were not invited to King Charles' birthday parade for the third year in a row The Duke and Duchess of Sussex last attended Trooping the Colour in 2022 — but were kept out of the public spotlight Harry recently said Charles "won't speak" to him amid their ongoing rift and legal battles over security For thethird year in a row,Meghan MarkleandPrince Harryhave not been invited to Trooping the Colour —King Charles' official birthday celebration and one of the royal family's most high-profile annual events — set to take place this Saturday, June 14. The decision continues a pattern set after Charles became monarch in 2022. Thelast time Harry and Meghan attendedTrooping was duringQueen Elizabeth's Platinum Jubilee in June 2022 — where they were noticeably kept out of the public spotlight, watching the parade from a separate room alongside other non-working royals and not joining the traditional balcony appearance. Their ongoing absence comes as the family rift deepens. The Duke of Sussex, 40, recently lost a legal bid to reinstate his state-funded security in the U.K. and admitted in a BBC interview last month that he cannot envision bringing his wife and their two children — Prince Archie, 6, and Princess Lilibet, 4 — back to Britain under the current circumstances. "I can't see a world in which I would be bringing my wife and children back to the U.K. at this point," he said. The lack of an invitation to Trooping follows a series of strained moments between father and son — including Harry's statement that King Charles is not currently speaking to him. Despite the silence, Harry has continued to express hope for a reunion. Chris Jackson/Getty "I would love reconciliation with my family. There's no point in continuing to fight anymore," he told the BBC. "Life is precious. I don't know how much longer my father has," he continued. "He won't speak to me because of this security stuff, but it would be nice to reconcile." Meghan, 42, had been scheduled to attend a museum gala in Los Angeles on the same day as Trooping, before the event was canceled earlier this week amid ongoing protests in the city. PEOPLE confirmed that the King, 76,will travel by carriage at Trooping the Colour for the second year in a row(instead of riding on horseback)as his treatment for cancer continues. James Devaney/Getty The Duke and Duchess of Sussex joined the Trooping the Colour celebrations twice as a couple following their 2018 wedding, riding in the royal carriage procession and making balcony appearances at Buckingham Palace in both 2018 and 2019. Like most large-scale events, Trooping was significantly scaled down in 2020 and 2021 due to the COVID pandemic. The tradition was brought back in 2022, but the royal event is one that Harry and Meghan's childrenPrince ArchieandPrincess Lilibethave never attended. Prince Archie, 6, was just a few weeks old when his parents went to Trooping in June 2019. Meanwhile, his sisterPrincess Lilibet, 4, was born in California in June 2021 after Harry and Meghan stepped back from royal duties. Both Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet traveled with their parents to the U.K. in June 2022 for the Platinum Jubilee celebrations commemorating Queen Elizabeth's record 70-year reign. The Queenlikely met Lilibet, who was named after the monarch's childhood nickname, during that trip, which doubled as Harry and Meghan's only trip to the U.K. with their kids after stepping back from their royal roles. It's understood that a sticking point in the rift between Harry and King Charles is the issue of automatic state-funded security while in the U.K. Prince Harry maintains that this essential protection was unfairly stripped when he and his wife stepped back in 2020, and a judgedismissed his latest legal appeal to restore this securityon May 2. Can't get enough of PEOPLE's Royals coverage?Sign up for our free Royals newsletterto get the latest updates on Kate Middleton, Meghan Markle and more! Jeff J Mitchell - WPA Pool/Getty "The things that they're going to miss is, well, everything. I love my country. I always have done. Despite what some people in that country have done," Harry told the BBC. "I miss the U.K., I miss parts of the U.K., of course I do," he continued. "I think that it's really quite sad that I won't be able to show my children my homeland." As the distance between the Duke and his father the goes on, royal biographer Sally Bedell Smithtells PEOPLE in an exclusive cover story, "The underlying issue is trust." Read the original article onPeople

 

MARIO MAG © 2015 | Distributed By My Blogger Themes | Designed By Templateism.com