Giant Cat’s Tummy-Up Nap Has Everyone Wanting to Risk a Belly Rub

Giant Cat’s Tummy-Up Nap Has Everyone Wanting to Risk a Belly Rub

Giant Cat’s Tummy-Up Nap Has Everyone Wanting to Risk a Belly Rub

![](https://hermes.media.static.aol.com/media/2026/10/09/63cdbb09-a625-3a81-9620-b20cd463a3e2/14d1889b-df51-4dd3-b18b-a80f8b3bbcb6.jpg)

(Image Via: Massimo Cattaneo/Shutterstock)

I know a trap when I see one. My Maine Coon, Meatball, has taught me that a giant fluffy stomach on display does not necessarily mean, “Please put your hand here.” Sometimes it means, “Would you like to make a terrible decision?” And yet, looking at this Siberian cat, I’m considering it.

Charlie is stretched out on his back in a cat bed at the foot of a staircase, displaying enough glorious tabby fluff to furnish a small apartment. He looks like an expensive throw rug somebody ordered, except this one has paws and presumably expects breakfast. I wanna touch that rug.

The video, shared by @charlieinberlin, comes with the caption, “The winter floof is floofing.” It certainly is. Another caption explains that Charlie wasn’t expecting it to still be 22 degrees Celsius in October, which is about 72 degrees Fahrenheit. Poor man got dressed for winter, and the weather refused to cooperate.

Related: Massive Siberian Cat Looks Like Someone Put a Kitten Head on a Bear

Now he’s airing out the entire collection. Belly up, completely asleep, absolutely no concern about how much of the staircase landing he’s occupying. I admire that. If I’m going to be in everyone’s way, I usually at least pretend I didn’t notice.

Everybody Wants to Touch the Floof

“I thought he was a carpet!!!” one commenter wrote. Another declared, “Charlie is an absolute unit. Frame this.” Yes, although you’d need a fairly substantial frame. Perhaps something usually reserved for a portrait of a king.

Several viewers wanted to bury their faces in his stomach, and I understand the impulse. That is a premium belly. You can practically feel it through the screen. But my experience with Meatball makes me reluctant to submit my face for inspection.

Someone even suggested opening a business where people could come snuggle Charlie. I would like to see the waiver before making a reservation, but I’m interested. Do we book by the hour? Is there parking? Does the cat actually want us there?

Meanwhile, Charlie is getting on with the important business of being asleep. He has no idea strangers are discussing his stomach like it’s a vacation destination.

I hope he has a lovely nap. And I hope everyone stepping off that staircase looks down first. That’s a very expensive rug to trip over, and this model can complain.

🐶SIGN UP to get “pawsitivity” delivered right to your inbox with inspiring & entertaining stories about our furry & feathered friends🐾🐾

This story was originally published by Parade Pets on Oct 9, 2026, where it first appeared in the Pet News section. Add Parade Pets as a Preferred Source by clicking here.


Source: Nature

Post a Comment

0 Comments